Saturday, April 9, 2011

A little excitement in the neighborhood

Last night, about 8:30pm we had an attempted break- in.  Our large dog that is outside wanted inside really bad, and was standing on his hind legs raising heck, barking and howling. 
Hubby went to door to see what his issue was, and said there are vehicles in the road, talking.  Looking north, we saw 2 fire trucks, and more vehicles.   Now, we'd heard no sirens, no commotion at all, and the front door had been open to let in the fresh air, all evening.  I've never know our fire dept to come in silent, no matter the time of day or night. 
Anyway, the old trailer across and a little north of us, was on fire.  It's been empty since the guy got sent up for a 2nd or 3rd time for dealing drugs from there.
I don't know if he is still in jail or not, but I suspect that someones meth lab blew up last night.  The old trailer is now well ventilated, and will probably collapse at the first good wind.  Someone told daughter this morning, that it was too bad it wasn't the other one in the neighborhood that is still being used. 

2 comments:

  1. Oh- I see my dreams of living across from you have gone up in smoke! sigh....Well, I guess if it's gutted now I could chose my own interior? lol Hugs- Diana

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, and exterior too, I think. Maybe we can build a big bonfire and pitch a tent in it's place. Sad that my 'guest house' is no longer available.

    ReplyDelete