Thursday, February 3, 2011

Robins Egg Blue and Cardinal Red

I see birds, mostly Cardinals, but there are some little gray birds that are giving the Cardinals fits.
They won't leave the feeders even when they are chased.  They may be small, but they say they are not about to let that big red bully have all the peanut butter and bird seed. 
Also, there is a squirrel trying his best to get the feeder door open, to carry off the cakes. 
Me, I'm waiting for this, which will be about 3 months from now, when the Robins  and Cardinals
are nesting
and spring is in the air.  I actually took this photo with the camera held over the nest, and I couldn't see what I was getting.  I'd held a mirror over the nest and saw that one of the 3 eggs had hatched.
It isn't the best picture in the world, but it is a sweet little robin just out of the shell.


1 comment:

  1. I am waiting for Spring too, Anon...I remember that picture from last year..phenomenal shot...
    It's hard to believe that ANY bird (espcially a little one) will stand up to a cardinal. Hugs-Diana

    ReplyDelete