Saturday, November 27, 2010

A sad day

You know how there is always someone who sends you a Christmas Card that arrives the day after Thanksgiving? It is always the first one you receive, and you secretly wonder how someone can manage to
think about sending cards, get them all ready, and mailed so that they arrive that day??
Well for the 3rd year in a row, I didn't receive that card. 
My friend succumbed to breast cancer 3 years ago.  We'd been friends since my youngest and her oldest child were in 1st grade.  We went through the birth of her youngest, the birth of a granddaughter that she didn't get to see until she was a year or more old (a story for another day) and the weddings of both my kids and hers. 
I miss opening the mailbox on the day after Thanksgiving, and finding that card. No other card can replace that one, ever.
RIP Jeannie, I miss you!

1 comment:

  1. Oh, That is so sad....My heart aches for you this morning. Hugs- Diana

    ReplyDelete