Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Showdown on Apple Street

I've been walking the dog while daughter is at work.  She usually gets off work at 1:00pm, but for the past 2 weeks, she's been working from 7:15 to 5:15 and Pete is crossing his legs by the time she would get home.  So I have been taking him out.

Today, James and I went over at 1:30 so he could have a break, well as I was walking him, a car came by,  very slowly, and stopped one house down.  I went back in, and every time I looked out, they were watching the house.  I stayed about 35 minutes, and finally got James to go see if he knew the car and he didn't, but he did know who the woman, it was Melanie, the woman who lived in that house..So we got in the truck to leave, and she got in the car with whoever was driving, and they drove off.  Apparently, she was trying to figure out who the bright red truck in her neighbor's yard belonged to, also.  Thank goodness, some of the neighbors watch out for each other..

1 comment:

  1. Makes you feel good to know that there are good people around us in the world.

    ReplyDelete